1) Play for fun, skill development and friendly competition. Save the drama for the professionals!
2) There is a low amount of physical contact. This is Futsal, not indoor soccer. Shoulder tackles are not allowed.
3) Almost all kicks are direct. Obstruction and kick-ins from the sidelines are indirect. Everything else is direct except certain keeper infractions.
4) Player is allowed to pass back to the keeper, but the keeper cannot pick up the ball.
5) Fouls inside the designated goal area are direct from the 6 meter spot with no wall allowed. Opposing players must be at least 5 meters from ball and behind ball.
6) Direct kicks outside the box. All opposing players must be 5 meters from the ball and a wall is allowed.
7) Penalty kicks begin after 6th foul (beginning with 7th foul) are taken from 10 meter spot. All opposing players must be 5 meters from ball and behind ball with no wall allowed. The player must take shot on goal. The keeper doesn’t have to be on line, only 5 meters from ball.
8) Number of Players
- Minimum Number of Players to Start Match: 4, one of whom shall be a goalkeeper
- Minimum Number of Players to Finish Match: 3
- Recommended maximum Number of Substitutes: 5
- Substitution Limit: None
- Substitution Method: “Flying substitution” (all players but the goalkeeper enter and leave as they please; goalkeeper substitutions can only be made when the ball is out of play and with Referee consent) Exiting player must be off the court before substitute can enter.
- Colored shirts (if both teams have same color jerseys, home team must switch colors),
- Protective shin-guards and footwear with rubber soles. (NO cleats allowed).
- Goalie jersey must be a color different from that of field players on both teams.
Duties: Enforce the 5v5 House Rules, apply the advantage rule, keep a record of all incidents before, during and after game, stop game when deemed necessary, caution or eject players who are guilty of misconduct, acts of violence, or repeated disregard for 3SIX0 Rules. The Referee will allow no others to enter the court, and will stop the game to have injured players removed, and keep time for the match.
Duration of the Game
- Duration: Two equal periods of 24 minutes on a running clock with a 2 minute halftime.
- No time-outs.
The Start of Play
The visiting team kicks off to start the first half, home team kicks off to start second half. The opposing team waits outside center circle; ball deemed in play once it has been touched; the kicker shall not touch the ball again before someone else touches it. Play is restarted with a kick off by the defending team after a goal is scored. All kickoffs are direct kicks.
Ball in and out of Play
Ball out of play:
- When it has wholly crossed the goal line or touchline
- When the game has been stopped by the Referee;
- When the ball hits the ceiling (restart: indirect kick-in from center line).
Ball In play:
- Lines: Touchlines and goal lines are considered inside the playing area.
Method of Scoring
When the whole of the ball has passed over the goal line, between the goal posts and under the crossbar (except by illegal means). The Referee tracks a maximum 7 goal differential. There is no limit on the number of goals that a single player can score.
Fouls and Misconduct
Direct free kick awarded for the following (penalty kick awarded when infraction takes place in the penalty area):
- kicking, tripping, holding, pushing, charging, striking an opponent
- jumping at an opponent
- spitting at an opponent
- holding an opponent
- charging an opponent with shoulder
- sliding at an opponent
- handling the ball (except goalkeeper)
Indirect free kick awarded (wall allowed 5 meters back) when any of the following offenses are committed (kick taken from the 6-meter line when infringement takes place in penalty area)
- dangerous play (e.g. attempting to kick ball held by goalkeeper)
- charging the goalkeeper in the penalty area (i.e., goalkeeper charge)
- goalkeeper throws ball directly over the halfway-line (without it first touching his own side of the pitch or another player)
- goalkeeper picks up or touches with his hands a back pass
- goalkeeper picks up or touches with his hands a kick-in from a teammate
- goalkeeper controls the ball with any part of his body for more than 4 seconds
Yellow Card Offenses: Players will be cautioned, shown yellow card when:
- a substituting player enters the pitch from an incorrect position or before the player he is substituting has entirely left the pitch
- a player persistently infringes the 5v5 3SIX0 Rules
- a player shows dissent with any decision of the Referee
- a player is guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct
The above yellow-card offenses are punishable by an indirect free kick taken from the point of infringement (or from the 6-meter line when the infringement takes place in penalty area. A wall is allowed 5 meters back from the spot of the ball).
Red Card Offenses: Players shall be sent off the field by way of a shown red card for:
- serious foul play
- violent conduct
- intentionally impeding a clear goal opportunity (e.g. through a “professional foul”)
- intentionally impeding a clear goal opportunity in the penalty area by handling the ball
- foul or abusive language
- spitting on an opponent
- second instance of cautionable offense (i.e., second yellow card) Any of the above results in an indirect free kick (wall allowed 5 meters back) unless inside the penalty area. The above fouls committed inside the penalty area are taken as a direct kick from the 6 meter spot (no wall allowed).
Rules of Expulsion/Ejection:
- The player sent off (shown a red card) is out for the rest of the game, will be issued a minimum one game suspension, and is not permitted to sit on the player bench
- The team of the player sent off can substitute for that player after 2 minutes of playing time or after the opposing team scores, whichever comes first
- The substitute cannot come on until the ball is out of play and the player has the referee’s consent
Free Kick Guidelines:
- Wall: At least 5 meters away until the ball is in play
- Ball in Play: After it has traveled the distance of its own circumference
- Time Limit: Kick must be taken within 4 seconds
- Restriction: Kicker cannot touch the ball again until it has been touched by another player
Beginning with the 7th team foul in any game (fouls do NOT reset at the half), the opposing team is awarded a direct penalty kick from the 10 meter spot with no wall. All players except the goalie must remain behind the ball until it is played. The player must aim at the goal with the intention of scoring. The keeper must be at least 5 meters from the ball. The keeper does not have to remain on their line.
A tactical foul is any deliberate foul within the last minute of the match designed to prevent a goal scoring opportunity or intentionally delay the game in hopes of running out the clock. If a deliberate tactical foul is committed in the last minute of a game, in addition to cautioning the offender, the referee shall award the fouled team a penalty kick from the 6 meter mark.
- To be taken from the penalty mark on the mid-point of the 6-meter line
- The kicker is to aim at goal, with the intention of scoring
- All players must be out of the penalty area, and the players of the opposing team must also be at least 5 m from the penalty spot
- The kicker shall not touch the ball a second time until it has been touched by another player or the goal structure
- Taken at point where ball crosses the touch line by opponent of team that last touched the ball
- The ball is placed on the touch line before kicking
- Kicker has 4 seconds to put ball in play; violation of this rule results in a turnover
- The kicker cannot touch the ball a second time until it has been played by another player
- Players on opposing team must be at least 5 meters away from point of the kick-in
- Players cannot score directly from a kick-in
Goal Clearance: (Keeper Throws)
- To be taken in place of goal kick
- From inside the penalty area, the goalkeeper throws the ball into play
- Goal keeper cannot throw the ball over the halfway line unless it touches the pitch or another player first (Indirect free kick from center line to restart play)
- The ball is not in play until it has passed outside of the penalty area. If the goal clearance is received inside of the penalty area, the goal clearance shall be taken over.
- Taken by offensive player when ball crosses goal line when last touched by defensive player Ball placed within 2’ of the corner nearest where ball went out of play. If the ball is misplaced, the corner kick is taken over.
- The kick must be taken within 4 seconds; failure to do so entails indirect free kick by the defending team from the corner mark
- The kicker cannot touch the ball a second time until it has been touched by another player or the goal structure
- Players on opposing team must be at least 5 meters away from point of the corner kick
- Players can score goal directly from a corner kick